The purpose of this scholarship is to honour the memory of the women students who were slain at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal in 1989. It is offered to female students applying to a full-time, three-year post-secondary level diploma program in technology at St. Clair College. One new scholarship will be offered each year. Applications will be mailed out to female students that are entering a 3 Year Technology program.
Each scholarship includes:
- One (1) full-year standard tuition (payable each term after the student registers), plus books required and specified for courses.
- The scholarship is renewable upon application and maintenance of a 3.00 grade point average
- In the event that a recipient, who has qualified for renewal, is unable to attend during the following year due to a valid, documented cause, the award may be deferred for one (1) academic year.
- In the event that there are no qualified candidates or nominees, the scholarship will not be awarded that year.
- The candidate must have an OSSD or be a mature student as defined by the College.
- The candidate must be female, a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, applying to St. Clair College in the first year of a full-time, three-year post-secondary level technology program.
- 80% average in each of the following subjects: Grade 12 ENG/EAE/EAL English, Grade 12 Mathematics for Technology or advanced level math, senior level physics, senior level chemistry or senior level biology.
- Prior to August 14th, the applicant must submit the application form and a one to two page (double-spaced) typewritten essay detailing her suitability as a candidate for the scholarship (as outlined in their Registration package). The application, essay and brief curriculum vitae should be submitted to the attention of the Associate Registrar, St. Clair College.
- Final selection may involve an interview by a selection committee. The committee will recommend a candidate to the Board of Governors and the successful candidate will be notified.
Applications will be included in the Registration packages of female students confirmed to applicable programs. Deadline to apply is August 14th.
Programs Applicable for Consideration:
- Chemical Laboratory Technology (T836)
- Civil Engineering Technology (T154)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Automotive Product Design (T826)
- Electronics Engineering Technology – Industrial Automation (T929)
- Architectural Technology (T020)
- Power Engineering Technology (T941)
- Biomedical Engineering Technology – Equipment & Devices (T755)