St Clair College recognizes freshmen students' outstanding secondary school or equivalent academic achievement with academic scholarships and entrance awards. These awards have been created to publicly honour excellence in those who will be attending St. Clair College.
The College will award Academic Scholarships in the amount of $1250.00 to eligible high school students from the Windsor-Essex and Chatham/Kent area who have been accepted to St. Clair College. The Awards will be presented to the students with the highest average based on the criteria below. Each $1250.00 Academic Scholarship will be applied toward Tuition fees at St. Clair College.
In addition, the College will present Entrance Awards to students who exhibit financial need and academic achievement should they meet the criteria below. Each Entrance Award is valued at $750.00, which will be applied toward tuition fees at St. Clair College.
Awards will be posted to the recipient's St. Clair College tuition account in October. Awards may not be used as a deposit for registration.
Conditions and Criteria
An award recipient must be:
- Canadian citizens or Permanent Resident
- Entering a St. Clair College post-secondary program for the first time
- Require financial assistance for their education (must complete budget included in the application form)
- Attending an Ontario secondary school or equivalent
- Have a minimum average of 85% at the college(C)/ university(U)/ university college(M)/ Open (O) *Excluding OLC4O in a minimum of six (6) grade 12 subjects to be considered for one of the Academic Scholarships ($1250); 75% at the college(C)/ university(U)/ university college(M)/ Open (O) *Excluding OLC4O in a minimum of six (6) grade 12 subjects to be considered for an Academic Entrance Award ($750); Marks received through OCAS will be used to determine recipients. It is expected that if mid-term grades are used to determine an average, these grades will be maintained. *Double credit courses are measured as a single course (e.g. Co-Op).
- A graduate of an Ontario secondary school by June.
RECIPIENTS OF AWARDS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL IN JUNE.