St. Clair College, in partnerships with Greater Essex District School Board, Windsor Essex Catholic School Board, Lambton Kent District School Board and St. Clair Catholic School Board offers seven sections of School Within a College Programs.
St. Clair College proudly offers the SWAC program to Youth and Adult students!
What is SWAC?
SWAC is a partnership between one of our four participating school board partners and St. Clair College. If offers students in Grade 12 or 12+ the opportunity to earn secondary school credits and college delivered Dual Credits at the college campus!
The primary focus of the SWAC program is to support students who:
- Has 8-10 credits, or fewer to graduate,
- Is in their last year or 5th year of high school,
- Is motivated to graduate, works independently, and can make SWAC a priority,
- Is looking to pursue a college or apprenticeship pathway or looking to experience the college atmosphere,
- Is struggling to complete their last high school credits and would benefit from a "change in environment"
- Has left their high school early or is at risk of leaving their high school early and looking to complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
Benefits of SWAC
- Students can earn 2 Dual Credit College Courses per semester at no cost.
- Students have access to all college activities and facilities
- FREE Transportation (bus tickets/parking passes)
- FREE tuition, supplies, textbooks, and excursions.
- ACCESS to college services, library, computer labs and MORE!
- Flexible schedule
- Alternative, quiet, and independent workspace in a mature environment
- SWAC graduates receive a SWAC Graduate bursary ($500.00 payable when a SWAC graduate enrolls into a full-time program at St. Clair College)
- Students earn the remaining high school credits in the SWAC classroom at the college, in addition to 2 Dual Credit college courses.
- The SWAC program follows the regular secondary school semester system (Semester 1: September to January and Semester 2: February to June), as well as the common secondary school vacation breaks.
A Message to Parents
A Message from Parents
SWAC Student Testimonials - In Their Words
For More Information Please Contact:
Supervisor of Youth Development Programs
International Relations, Training and Campus Development
519-972-2727 ext. 5403