Graduates of this program have the skills to be executive-level administrative assistants to top-level managers in business or government. Skills include a high level of expertise in keyboarding and computer applications with some accounting. Students will learn how to do effective presentations and be well rounded in all office duties. With experience, graduates also are capable of assuming the role of office manager providing leadership to other staff.
This program targets students who want to develop strong computer and keyboarding abilities. They should enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Good communication skills, both written and oral are also important.
- Latest computer software for office applications.
- Curriculum includes Desktop Publishing, Web Page Design, Simply Accounting, Human Resource Management, In-class Simulation Labs, SAM software, Express Scribe machine transcription, oral presentations, Office Suite integration with the Internet, and World Cultures.
- Students who have successfully completed the 2-year OAE Diploma Program may continue their education towards a Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Davenport University or Walsh College.
- Work placement could be in a financial institution, social service agency, retail office, government office, or a school setting (elementary, secondary or post-secondary).
- These internships allow students to network with possible future employers and gain valuable hands-on experience.
This program provides a solid foundation for employment as an office administrator, administrative assistant or office manager. Opportunities exist in a wide range of workplaces including government offices, corporations, financial institutions, schools/colleges/universities, accounting firms, real estate offices, social service agencies, and insurance offices.
Students who have successfully completed the 2-year OAE Diploma Program may continue their education towards a Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Davenport University or Walsh College. This may include an additional 1.5 - 2 years of study, at either of the respective campuses or online.
Successful completion of the Office Administration - General with a GPA of 2.0 or better.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
Field Placements are part of this program. Your placement could be in a financial institution, social service agency, legal office, police services, or a school setting (elementary, secondary or post secondary).
Some of our employers who provide our placement settings require a clear POLICE RECORD CHECK for criminal offences with vulnerable sector screening before accepting a student into the field setting. The record check MUST be obtained by the student and at the student's expense. Please check with your Program Coordinator early in your first semester to ensure the proper process is followed.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Note: Semesters 1 and 2 of this program are the Office Administration - General Certificate.
Program Physical Demands Analysis
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Office Administration - Executive Programs (MTCU Code 52316)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Conduct oneself professionally and adhere to relevant legislation, standards and codes of ethics.
- Manage the scheduling, coordination and organization of administrative tasks and workflow within specific deadlines and according to set priorities.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, distribution and response to communications in the workplace to facilitate the flow of information.
- Operate and provide support related to the use, maintenance and procurement of office equipment and technologies.
- Evaluate, establish and administer a variety of records management systems* to ensure confidential, secure, accessible and organized electronic and paper records*.
- Produce financial documents and reports by identifying and compiling relevant information and using accounting software.
- Prepare and produce a variety of business documents using available technologies and applying industry standards.
- Use interpersonal, leadership and client service skills to respond to diversity and to support the vision and mission of the organization.
- Research, analyze and summarize information on resources and services and prepare summary reports with recommendations.
- Select and use information technologies to support communication with internal and external stakeholders and to promote the organization.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, special events and make travel arrangements, including the preparation of related documentation.
- Support the implementation of projects by applying basic principles of project management.