St. Clair College provides you with opportunities to kick start your career, especially in the skilled trades. If you’re looking for a career as a CNC machinist, tool or mold maker, then this unique "Earn While You Learn" program is the perfect place to start.
This 46-week program provides you with:
- Free tuition
- Real-world experience working on actual parts for industry partners.
- A roll-on toolbox with tools and personal protective equipment needed to enter your career path (purchased on your behalf through a payroll deduction plan).
- Optional Health Benefits are available through the St. Clair College Student Government plan.
Currently, the program consists of the following:
- 6 weeks of in-class/shop floor workplace readiness training (18 hrs./wk.) paid by a bursary
- 16 weeks (24 hrs./wk.) of shop-floor training paid hourly
- 24 weeks (40 hrs./wk.) of advanced shop-floor training paid hourly
The program provides you with the following skillsets:
- Safety training
- Technical math
- Blueprint reading
- Training on a wide variety of state-of-the-art equipment
- Job readiness
- After completion of this program, students receive a first-year exemption certificate towards their apprenticeship
For more information about this exciting program and to apply, please send resumes to:
Skilled Trades Regional Training Centre
3403 St. Etienne Blvd.
Windsor ON N8W 5B1
Or contact the Employment Assessment Centre
1410 Ouellette Ave.,
Windsor, ON N8X 5B2
Aptitude testing is required to enter the program.
The curriculum below is for incoming students: