Come join us in the Esthetician Program, where you will explore the ever-changing world of beauty and wellness. Estheticians are an integral part of Spa Beauty, Wellness, Cosmetics, and Holistic practices, to name a few. This comprehensive Program focuses on the student gaining the knowledge and skill set, required to further a successful career in an industry of endless opportunities. Graduates of this program are proficient in facials, specialized skin care, body treatments, skin physiology and anatomy, nail enhancements, therapeutic pedicures, hair removal services, make-up artistry, spa business practices, and emerging trends in the industry, via practical and theoretical applications. This Program will resonate with students who are people-oriented and compassionate while being comfortable with providing personal services.
- Spa software training and digital marketing training designed for the spa industry, delivered in a computer lab.
- Both Theory and Practicum-based courses.
- Spa Business training to allow for entrepreneurship and various retail and added services revenue streams.
- Opportunity to take part in field trips and emerging new trends training and demonstrations.
- Hands-on experiential learning in an onsite College Clinic which is set to mirror a Spa environment.
- Fast-track program, 2 years delivered in 1 year.
Graduates have the benefit of excellent employment prospects both locally and internationally, including cruise ships and resorts. Employment opportunities in a variety of venues, from spas, salons, health and wellness centers, make-up artistry, nail care centers, and retail beauty outlets, as well as working within Cosmetic practices.
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level qualify for admission to this program.
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Smart Start Information
Program Physical Demands Analysis
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Esthetician (Ontario College Diploma) (MTCU Code 53401)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Perform a variety of specialized body and skin care treatments following correct procedures and precautions and supporting client needs (including and not limited to facials, manicures, pedicures, hair removal, and make up applications).
- Use a range of specialized equipment and products, in compliance with established national, provincial, industry, and other related standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Apply relevant knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and histology to the provision of specialized esthetic treatments and services.
- Adhere to health, safety, sanitation, and infection and prevention control guidelines, according to current legislation and national, provincial, municipal, and industry standards and regulations.
- Identify business skills and activities required for the successful establishment and operation of a small esthetic business in a salon or spa environment.
- Select and recommend the use of esthetic products and product ingredients to clients, taking into account health status and identified needs.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships in adherence to standards and ethics associated with the profession.
- Develop customer service strategies that meet and adapt to individual needs and expectations in accordance with professional standards and ethics.
- Determine professional development strategies that lead to the enhancement of work performance and career opportunities and keep pace with industry change.