Earn an Advanced Business Diploma from St. Clair College and a Bachelor of Commerce from Nipissing University in just four years and save thousands on your tuition.
EARN A BCOMM DEGREE IN 12 MONTHS
St. Clair College has formed a partnership with Nipissing University to offer an innovative business degree completion program. After graduating from a three-year Business Administration diploma program at St. Clair you can earn a 90-credit Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) degree in 12 months or a 120-credit Honours Bachelor of Commerce degree in 16 months from Nipissing University.
Programs qualifying for this degree completion opportunity include:
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Finance
- Business Administration - Human Resources
- Business Administration - Marketing
Graduates of the above-mentioned programs need a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 to be considered for admission into the BComm or BBA degree completion program from Nipissing University.
This innovative program provides St. Clair grads with several key benefits:
- Some classes and tutorials are held at St. Clair's South Campus.
- Opportunity to earn a 90-credit BComm (3-year) degree in 12 months by taking a full course load of five courses per semester.
- Pathway to earn a 120-credit Honours BComm (4-year) degree in 16 months by taking a full course load of five courses per semester.
- Small class sizes
- Satisfies degree requirement for CPA and CHRP
- Full-time and part-time options available
Nipissing University, with its main campus in North Bay, is a primarily undergraduate university with a reputation for excellence in teacher education, arts, science and professional programs.
This BComm/BBA degree completion program uses a variety of delivery formats. All advanced accounting courses are standard three-hour lectures. However, many courses will make use of a unique "blended delivery" approach, which combines online learning with in-class tutorial sessions at St. Clair's South Campus. There will also be some online electives that provide students with the flexibility and freedom to choose specific areas of interest they have.
The online material is developed and delivered by leading university faculty and gives students the flexibility to study within a framework that suits their schedule throughout the week. Tutorial sessions are led by course facilitators who may be academics or industry professionals. Course facilitators help students to understand the material in a classroom setting where students can ask questions and discuss concepts with their classmates.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ACCOUNTING GRADUATES
HOW TO APPLY
- For full-time study, visit the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website at www.ouac.on.ca and complete the 105 application. Select the Bachelor of Commerce option that includes St. Clair College.
- For part-time study (i.e. 1-2 courses per semester), please complete the 'Part-Time Studies Application' found on Nipissing's website at: www.nipissingu.ca/departments/admissions-registrar/Pages/Application--Other-Forms.aspx
- If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the Nipissing Admissions office at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Coordinator, Accounting & Finance
St. Clair College
Phone: 519-966-1656 ext. 4336