CANADA SAFETY COUNCIL'S 'GEARING UP' PROGRAM This Canada Safety Council Motorcycle Training Program provides on the bike practical instruction for the beginner: no previous experience is necessary. While most of the course is practical, information is also given on: motorcycle maintenance, defensive driving, risk awareness and rules of the road. The course provides motorcycles, fuel and lubricants, expert instruction, written materials, a student kit and testing and evaluation for your M2 Motorcycle Driver's license. Canada Safety Council certificates will only be awarded to students upon successful completion of the training hours AND testing. Pre-requisite: Ontario M1 beginner permit.
Please note: There is a risk of accident and personal injury in learning to operate a motorcycle.
Students must be 16 years of age or older
Students under 18 years of age, must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver before they will be allowed to participate in this class.
For general inquiries call (519) 972-2727, Ext. 4575
Transfer, Withdrawal and Refund Policy: No show = No refund.
If you do not show up or arrive late for your scheduled course, you will not receive a refund. Transfer to another section will be at the discretion of the College, subject to applicable charges and must be requested prior to the original course refund deadline. For a full refund, a formal withdrawal must be made ONE full business prior to the course date.
After the start of a course, there are no refunds. Any refunds granted will be made at the discretion of College management ONLY, for exceptional circumstances. Please contact the Continuing Education department within 5 business days. It is the responsibility of the student to check their registration receipt and verify their registered course date against the section number and semester or term.
There is a risk of accident and personal injury in learning to operate a motorcycle.
It is a student's responsibility to upgrade their license at a DriveTest Centre within 6 months of successful course completion. Any course results are invalid after 6 months.
All Canada Safety Council replacement certificates will be subject to a $25.00 fee.
A student will NOT be allowed to participate in any of our motorcycle courses if he/she does not have the following:
- Sturdy jacket and pants (Denim, leather or riding jacket)
- Sturdy boots (MUST COVER THE ANKLE)
- Full-fingered leather gloves/ full-fingered riding gloves
- Eye protection
- A Department of Transportation (DOT) approved helmet
- A valid Ontario "M1" beginners' motorcycle license for MOT 103N courses
- A valid Ontario "M2" license for MOT 112N courses
- A waterproof jacket is also recommended for rainy days. Courses run rain or shine!
- NOTE RE: Helmet Exemption MO M2018-5581 - Under the Highway Traffic Act, the helmet exemption applies to motorcyclists operating a motorcycle on public roadways, not on private properties (i.e. parking lots). Wearing an "Approved" helmet for the St. Clair College training course is mandatory.
NOTE: This course starts at 8:00 am sharp. If you are late, you will not be allowed to participate in this course, and no refund will be provided.
If you are interested in teaching the Motorcycle Riding course, please review the Potential Instructor Information Package.