The Plumbing Techniques program is designed to give the student an understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of the plumbing and pipefitting trades and to familiarize them with the associated tools and materials. The program also provides the student with a solid foundation to continue their education in the plumbing or pipefitting career paths either with further related study or in the pursuit of an apprenticeship.
- Delivered in the Centre for Construction Innovation & Production.
- Excellent pathway to an apprenticeship.
Graduates are excellent candidates for job opportunities such as plumbing, pipefitting, steam fitting, boiler maker and welding apprentices or entry level positions in plumbing wholesale or distribution.
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O), plus
- Grade 11 Math (C) or (U)
Mature students - See Admission Procedures for details.
The curriculum below is for incoming students:
Program Physical Demands Analysis
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Plumbing Techniques (Ontario College Certificate) (MTCU Code 41010)
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Work according to contractual obligations; the project manual; and applicable laws, standards, bylaws, and codes.
- Perform residential plumbing projects effectively and accurately by interpreting and producing basic data in graphic, oral and written formats.
- Work responsibly and effectively with others and in accordance with appropriate practices, procedures and in compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Use tools and equipment for basic installation manufacture, and repair of components to required specifications.
- Contribute to the organizing and planning of residential plumbing installation projects.
- Solve routine problems related to work environments using a variety of systemic approaches.