(A887) 3 Year Ontario College Advanced Diploma • Windsor Campus
If you have a passion for the performing arts, this is the opportunity to build your skills in “the triple threat” - singing, dancing and acting. St. Clair’s Music Theatre Performance program will afford students the opportunity to learn from accredited professionals and master performers who bring their industry expertise to the classroom. St. Clair offers newly renovated studio rehearsal space and the backdrop of the professional 1,200 seat Chrysler Theatre in the new St. Clair Centre for the Arts on the waterfront in downtown Windsor.
As a graduate of this program, the stage will be set for great career opportunities in summer festivals, nightclubs, professional theatre, cruise lines, industry shows and other venues where singing, acting and dance combine to entertain audiences.
For students who graduated from High School after 1999 (OSS): OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C) University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level.
After your OCAS application has been processed, your decision letter will let you know that this program requires an audition. Assuming that you have met all other requirements of the program, you will need to do the following to be considered for the program:
There will be four components to the audition:
- Acting - a one to two-minute monologue from a contemporary/modern play, fully memorized.
- Singing - two contrasting songs from the musical theatre repertoire (one ballad and one up-tempo). An accompanist on the piano will be provided.
- Dance ability will be assessed in a group situation; the Choreographer will conduct a group warm-up and teach a series of dance moves plus a combination.
- Musical understanding will be examined through a written test (those with RCM certificates are exempt), as well as an ear test (for everyone).
In this intensive program you will study:
- Vocal music
- Music theory
- Dance (tap, jazz, ballet)
- Theatre history
- Acting for the camera
- Performance practicum
- Audition techniques
- Creation of new musicals and plays