Campus:Mediaplex - Downtown Windsor (B791)
Program Length:Two Year - Ontario College Diploma
(519) 972-2727, ext. 4292
OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus:
- Grade 12 English(C) or (U)
This two year program will prepare students to enter the professional world of public relations. The knowledge and skills that will be covered include writing for presentations, newspapers,development of internal and external corporate communications plans, event planning, sponsorship development, crisis response, marketing, advertising and working with media. Graduates will be expected to hone their skills in the following areas:
- Select and utilize current and emerging information technologies to support the public relations function.
- Develop and execute communication strategies and public relations plans, write and produce clear, targeted communication materials and publications.
- Develop, coordinate and participate in the delivery of a variety of presentations.
- Work and communicate in a manner consistent with professional ethics, practice, standards and relevant law.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with internal external publics.
The public relations specialist will be employable in a wide variety of industries including government, private business, not-for profit agencies, hospitals, educational institutions, political parties and media.
Fees are subject to adjustment each year. The standard tuition and compulsory fees for 2012 are:
Total 1st Year Tuition and Compulsory Fees$3,309.69
In addition, students will require a Digital SLR camera with video capability.
For textbook prices see the Bookstore website.
For a breakdown of tuition and other compulsory fees for Canadian, U.S. and International students, see Tuition & Fees.